Xing

Xing

Dominant Predator (The Borders War, #2)

Dominant Predator (The Borders War, #2) - S.A. McAuley Rating: 4.5 stars

A direct continuation of One Breath One Bullet, the Dominant Predator expands the cast of characters. While the story focused mainly on Merq and Armise (and it still does), we are introduced to several more characters. We know the “good” guys and the “bad” guys. The world of this story, at this point, becomes a playing field I relished in experiencing.

But most of all, we see the relationship between our two soldiers ignite. And like dynamite set ablaze, the end result is an explosion of epic proportions. In this case, the Dominant Predator has more action, more romance, and more self-realizations. It’s still told form Merq’s first person POV, which was fine by me. He makes for an interesting narrator and I can’t help but root for him as he continues to grow into this new person with Armise’s help.

I don’t know what else to really say about this sequel. I just really liked – moreso than its predecessor. It doesn’t end on a cliffhanger (thank goodness! At the time of this review, the third book has not been released yet). But things are far from settled, and I can’t wait to see how things will unfold.