Xing

Xing

Spook Squad

Spook Squad - Jordan Castillo Price For those who have read up to this point, and have enjoyed the series thus far, there really isn't that much to say. Victor is still Victor. Jacob is still sex personified. You get some Lisa action (and boy, does it get interesting for her!). There isn't much for Crash and Zigler in this addition to the series (also Carolyn only has one scene), but other secondary characters are brought into the PsyCop world and are more likely to have a permanent role as this series continues.

What I did find new is this exploration of Vic's role as trying to be a good friend to both Lisa and Crash. While Lisa and Crash are both established friends of Victor, I feel like Spook Squad does some more digging into Victor's (messed up, but loveable) brain as he tries to figure out how all this caring/being a good friend really works - or at least, more so than previous books.

While Jacob and Victor were together a good portion of the time, it seemed like there was less scenes of intimacy between the characters (less sex makes this reader kind of sad...). However, the book does explore more of their psychic dynamics and how to work with one another - which was interesting, to say the least.

In terms of plot, there's a lot of investigating and figuring things out. The book started out interesting, but by the middle, it got kind of stagnant: lots of investigating and looking for evidence and not finding any. Victor doesn't use his medium abilities a lot during this time (it was concentrated towards the beginning and a lot during the last third of the book). However, the plot begins to pick back up about 60-70%, and the investigation actually heads somewhere.

By the time I was approaching the end, I didn't know what to think. I mean, we are at book 7 of this series - are we approaching THE END? Is this series losing it's spark?

My opinion by the end was that this is only the beginning. And like Victor anticipating some (butt) loving from Jacob, I am absolutely ready for what's to come!