Xing

Xing

Captive Prince: Volume Two

Captive Prince: Volume Two - C.S. Pacat, S.U. Pacat I just want to extend a BIG thank you for all my GR friends who encouraged me to continue this series after the first book. You guys know who you are!

photo tumblr_lup3caczVd1qhdupc.gif

This won’t be a long review, because there wasn’t much fault I think of. Almost every issue I had with book one was resolved in book two: you had action (sword fighting!), adventure, a budding relationship between Damen and Laurent, and a better understanding of Laurent himself. Do I still like Laurent? Do I want to make a fanclub dedicated to this pale skin, blue eyed prince? Not really. I can’t say I would make a Laurent pillow to cuddle with, but you certainly gain enough information about him to understand what drives his mental gears to turn. And that was satisfactory enough for me.

What pushed this from a 4 star to a 5 star read was the plot. Complex and beyond what my measly perverted mind could ever fabricate. It was vast and beautiful in execution. Like only being able to see the tip of the iceberg above water, and not understanding the scope and depth of what lays beneath the turbulent tides. Even told this in advance, you won’t truly understand how much you are missing until you’ve read to the end. And in the end, you’ll know – it all ties beautifully together.

And you are left wanting to scream and kick. Because the final book isn’t out yet.