Xing

Xing

Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder

Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder - Nicole Castle DNF @ 20%

I know I'm gonna be in the minority for this. And I probably didn't give this book enough of a chance. I love violence, and serial killers, and sociopaths galore. Yum! Throw in some blood play and non-con scenes and I'm like a five year old boy who just got the firetruck toy of his dreams for his birthday.

But Chance Assassin just hit all the wrong buttons for me, and I found myself skimming by 10%. My first problem was Vincent. He's six months away from being seventeen, and has pretty much lived an abused life after being orphaned from a car accident. Which is a great setup for a really messed up would-be assassin, but the whole "I look like a fourteen year old that every woman and man wants to fuck" just rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry, but I like my assassin stories to be from people who acted a little less pouty.

And Frank was okay from the little I read of him thus far. But his blushing countenance and obvious sexual desires for a "kid" who looks prepubescent (yet makes it known that everyone wants sexually) doesn't do much for me.

Even getting to the scenes of murder didn't do much. Maybe I'm just desensitized, or my expectations were higher. *shrugs* I just don't have a high tolerance for soldiering on with a book that could potentially get better later on when I'm struggling with it so much in the beginning.